High School Boys Basketball Registration Information
- Boys Basketball Registration will open November 9th for freshmen and November 16th for everyone else. This is where you register.
- Boys must be registered in order to try out. Full refund if your son does not make a team.
- Boys must have a sports physical on-file in the athletic offense in order to participate.
- The question and answer below about sports physicals comes from the school registration page. Please be informed.
- Freshmen tryouts begin November 16th
- Sophomores, juniors, seniors tryouts begin November 23rd
Does my student need a sports physical to participate in school sports for the 2020-21 school year?
Yes, if: a student has not previously participated and does not have a medical clearance to participate, they’ll be required to get a physical for the 2020-21 school year. Example: Freshman athletes that have not previously participated in high school athletics will need a physical to participate this school year.
No, if: a student has a physical on file that expires between March 12, 2020 and the conclusion of the 2020-21 school year will have clearance extended through the completion of the 2020-21 school year. Example: Senior athletes usually need a new physical prior to senior year because after three years they’re invalid. Under this new rule, however, they won’t expire until the end of the 2020-21 school year.
My son wants to play in-house basketball if he doesn’t make a high school team. Should I register my son for in-house basketball as well as high school basketball?
Yes. If your son isn’t sure that he will make the high school team and wants to play for in-house if he doesn’t, then according to the in-house director they should register now for in-house basketball. If they do make the high school team, they will be refunded the full registration fee from the in-house association.
In-house basketball registration is currently open and closes on November 10th. Click here if you would like to register with the in-house program run by Andover Athletic Association.